Friday, January 20, 2012

Who do I think I am?!

Well, this is blog number 3 for me.  Apparently, I think that I've got a LOT of important stuff to say.  I'm not narcissistic, I just think I'm awesome!  (Only kidding!)

Why have I decided to make a third blog?  It kinda came out of nowhere, really.  Some interactions on Twitter with several atheists prompted me to enter an ongoing debate regarding alleged contradictions in the Bible.  I've discovered that it takes a few more than 140 characters to explain some things, so I decided to flush it all out in a different format.

It seems to be a common misconception among atheists that a believer in God and follower of Jesus Christ cannot be a rational person and doesn't want to learn.  Part of my goal with this blog is to dispel these myths by presenting rational explanations to refute these alleged contradictions. 

I am not a Biblical scholar or an apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but I am hoping to gain a better understanding of the Bible as I dig in and learn more regarding these alleged contradictions.  I also hope that everyone who reads this blog, believer or unbeliever, will be encouraged to join me in studying the questions presented.  To hear these alleged contradictions and either accept or reject them without proper research is foolish.  Also, don't accept or reject based on anything you might read here.  Do your own research and draw your own conclusions.

Anyone who wishes to comment on my posts should know this: I will not allow comments that aren't well thought out and rational.  You can agree, you can disagree, but if you are trying to be a prick don't bother.  Your comment will be deleted.

This should be a interesting experience.  I'm enjoying it, so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment